Friday, July 13, 2012

Why I am here

We all look for hobbies and things to do to occupy our time and fill some of the spare time we have. For me, I decided that it might be fun to blog. Why not, I mean I have lots of things to say, just ask my family. Some things I say have great wisdom and value behind it, some things I say are quite funny and then there are the things that I say that mean absolutely nothing, but hey, I have always been a talker and a thinker. So I decided to talk and get whats on my mind out here on a blog.

Some background information: I am a west Texas born and raised girl. I grew up there, went to college there and met my wonderful husband of 3 years now there. I graduated with a criminal justice degree and became a probation officer. I did that for 3 1/2 years until I became pregnant with our first child. My husband and I were both working in the panhandle and decided to apply for jobs in Georgetown, TX, near Austin. We both got the jobs and off we went into the unknown together to a new town, a new home and a new life. We loved everything about Georgetown. We built our first house, got pregnant there and really felt like we belonged. Then things changed for us again and we decided to head to the Dallas area where we would, once again, start over in a new life. I was 7 months pregnant when we moved. Yes, you read that right. 7 months! I did not go back to work after the move, since we always knew that I was going to stay home with our kids and he opened his own practice as a defense attorney. We built another home in Frisco, had a baby on Valentines day and started a new life here. So far, I cannot complain and I love my new job.

So lets start out and explain why this blog is called what it is: A Stay at Home Mom's Chronicle. I loved working. I loved that I graduated with a criminal justice degree and I loved being a probation officer (at times). I love the workforce in general and I loved having a caseload and being able to work with the people I did on a daily basis. There were times when it was hard and I didn't want to go to work, but no doubt I loved my job, I loved my coworkers and I did love my bosses. But I always wanted something more. Ever since I was a little girl, I thought about being a mommy more than I did about having a career. This was no ones fault or blame, its just how I felt. My mom did not raise me to be a homemaker nor did she push having a career. She worked all my childhood and I went to daycares and had babysitters, but for me, I wanted to be home with my kids. It was a hard decision to make at first. I mean I had only been in the work force for 3 1/2 years since graduating college. And think about it...my husband and I want more than 2 kids, so by the time they are all in school, and I think about going back to work, I will have been out of the workforce for roughly 14 years! Do you know how many promotions, jobs and other accomplishments everyone else who started working the same age I did will have by then? Seriously? I will be 41! My goodness, ok moving on....thats really sad. But that reason alone was why it was a hard one to make. I made my choice a year and a half ago and I have not regretted it since. Now we have a beautiful 17 month old who is happy and healthy and I get to see his accomplishments every day, all day. I could not ask for a better job. And surprise! I am pregnant with baby #2! This time we are having a girl. Baby #2 is due November 12. So back to the title of this blog. I have learned lots of things about babies, housekeeping, cooking and so forth. And I want to share it.

My agenda for blogging is simply an outlet for me to be creative and get my thoughts off my chest. I spend all day with a little boy talking gibberish and my mind is full of mickey mouse, trucks, books and blocks and sometimes I just need an outlet. My goal through this blog, is also to share any tips and tricks that I find useful around the house and possibly share some recipes that I have come up with or revised to make them kid friendly and so forth. I hope anyone who reads this blog enjoys it and in case no one reads it, then I am just glad that I have put my thoughts out of my head for now so I can go back to thinking Mickey Mouse, trucks, books and blocks. :) I will state my disclaimer. I am no expert on kids, cooking or being a good manager of this house, but what I have learned may help some out there and may not work at all for others. I do not think that what I know is right or best, its simply one way of doing something that can be done many, many ways. Now that I feel that I have set the stage for my upcoming blogs, I will post soon and I hope that many find this entertaning and fun! Peace out until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment